108 N Cayuga St
Ithaca, NY 14850
Please join us at the NAMI Finger Lakes Office at 5:45pm for light refreshments and to meet our new Executive Director Beth McGee, followed by our annual membership meeting at 6PM. All are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in discussions. Voting at the Annual Meeting is limited to current NAMI members.
- Welcome and introductions
- Approval of 2019 minutes (to be distributed at the meeting)
- Financial report (to be distributed at the meeting)
- President’s report
- Board member elections:
- Chris Bobrowich – Chris is a retired school teacher and long-time resident of Ithaca. Chris wears many hats volunteering for NAMI Finger Lakes. She organizes our weekly outreach efforts at Cayuga Medical Center in Behavioral Science unit, co-leads our Family Support group twice a month, serves as our board secretary and chairs our May Mental Health awareness month committee to name a few. Chris has agreed to stand for her second term as a board member.
- Cheryl Jewell –Cheryl grew up in Southwest Ohio and received a BS and MS for Ohio University. She went back to school for an MS in Healthcare Administration at Utica College and worked for three years in a nursing home, post-acute care, social work, the behavioral unit at Beechtree Center for Rehabilitation and then Arnot Health. She is currently the Executive Director for Love Living at Home and has been a NAMI FL member and supporter for many years. Cheryl is standing for her first term as a board member.
- Howard Reid – Howard moved to Ithaca in 2019 from Connecticut, where he most recently served as President of the Board of Directors of NAMI Connecticut. Prior to retiring, he had been the CEO of one of Connecticut’s mental health centers, River Valley Services in Middlesex County. In his professional role he worked closely with the local NAMI affiliate to make its programs available to family members and staff and to get regular input from NAMI members. Having seen the life changing effects NAMI programs frequently had, he has continued to support its work as a volunteer and looks forward to doing so now in Ithaca. Howard is standing for his first term as a board member.
- Ronniesha Butler – Niesha is a long-time resident of Tompkins County and lives in Groton. She received AAS from TC3 and BA from Wells College for Business and Entrepreneurship. She has been involved in and volunteered for many community organizations including the Dorothy Cotton Institute, GIAC Parent Advisory, Sustainable Tompkins to name a few. She’s currently on the Tompkins County Worker Center fundraising committee. Niesha is new to NAMI Finger Lakes, she completed the Family to Family course last year and attended the NAMI NYS educational conference last October. Niesha has agreed to stand for first term as a board member.
- Brigitt Schaffner – Brigitt is completing her 40th year at Cornell University in Student Campus Life and has lived in Ithaca for 24 years. She has been the NAMI Finger Lakes President for the last four years. She has taught Family to Family several times and is an active supporter of NAMI FL. Brigitt has agreed to stand for her third term as a board member.
- Nominations from the floor.
- Other business
The March Board Meeting will follow the Annual Meeting. Board meetings are open to all. The agenda will be distributed at the meeting.
Hope to see you there,
Brigitt Schaffner, President
National Alliance on Mental Illness, Finger Lakes