Join The Challenge! Spread Awareness!
Choose a challenge to spread awareness about mental health. Challenge yourself and show others why mental health is important to you. Let them know how you care for your mental health and where you find support. Share your story and inspire others.
How To Participate
Step 1- Sign Up & Choose a Challenge
Do you have a personal best you’d like to exceed? Something new you’d like to try? Choose something meaningful to you and your mental health! Some examples: Shoot baskets or goals, read pages, knit multiple rows, run/walk/ride/roll a mile or more, sing or dance, cook a challenging recipe, meditate, stretch, tell jokes!
- Sign up– Choose a Challenge that’s right for you.
- Create your Challenge profile– create your profile, fundraise and share your photos on your personal page.
- Become a fundraiser (optional)-Share your personal Challenge page with others and encourage them to support the work of NAMI Finger Lakes in your community. Click for more information about NAMI Finger Lakes
- Create or join a team (optional)- Complete a Challenge and meet a fundraising goal together.
Step 2- Challenge your friends and family to join you!
One in five people experience a mental health condition. That 1 in 5 can be us, our friends, our family, or a neighbor. As one person, commit to sharing your Challenge and start a conversation about mental health at least 5 times during your challenge.
- Download your race bib and share the image on your social media with a link to NAMI Finger Lakes online (namifingerlakes.org or tag on Facebook and Instagram @namifingerlakes )
- Share photos of yourself and others completing your Challenge with the hashtags #dontbearitalone #youarenotalone #namiflchallenge #mentalhealth4all
- Email, text and call others to let them know how to join the Challenge and start their own conversations about mental health
Step 3- Complete your Challenge
You’ll have seven days to complete your challenge and raise awareness about mental health. Sign up anytime between May 1st (12:01 am) and May 8th (11:59 pm).
Thank you for supporting NAMI Finger Lakes and raising Mental Health Awareness!