If you are in an emergency situation or need immediate help, please consult our Mental Illness Crisis File.
For non-emergency situations, NAMI-Finger Lakes can help in the following ways:
- Support Groups
- NAMI FL HELP Line- Call 607-273-2462
If you need support now, please call the NAMI Finger Lakes Help Line at 607-273-2462. Our Help Line is answered by local NAMI family members who have experience with loved ones living with mental illness.
- Lending Library of Mental Illness Information
- Education for Adults (Family-to-Family Course)
We have also compiled an extensive Helpful Links page that provides information on:
- What is mental illness?
- Psychiatric care in Ithaca and in surrounding cities (such as Binghamton, Buffalo, Corning, Cortland, Syracuse, and Rochester)
- How to Find Homeless and Missing relatives
- Dual-diagnosis (both diagnosed with mental illness & addicted to alcohol/drugs)
- Mental Illness and the Criminal Justice system
- Estate planning for families with ill relatives
- PACT Teams – a partnership between an ill person and teams of health care professionals, where the Team can visit that person at home to help them stay healthy.
- Avoiding Other Health Problems Caused by Mental Illness
“Navigating A Mental Health Crisis” is a resource to help with each step of moving through a mental health crisis with your loved one.
If your home situation has deteriorated to the point where your ill relative must leave or must be taken to the hospital for treatment, then we have prepared a sample Intervention Plan.