Are You Overwhelmed with Worry about a Loved One Suffering from Mental Illness?
Then please contact us - we've been there, and we can help you.
If you are in an emergency situation or need immediate help, please consult our Mental Illness Crisis File.
NAMI-Finger Lakes is the Ithaca, NY affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). We seek to:
- Support families and friends of people diagnosed with major mental illnesses
- Educate families and the public about mental illness
- Advocate for families and their ill relatives
NAMI-Finger Lakes is a non-profit organization run by unpaid volunteers. All of us have loved ones suffering from major mental illness. As a result, we are very familiar with Ithaca's social services for people recovering from mental illnesses, and we are happy to share our knowledge and experiences with you.
Our programs include:
- Confidential support groups
- Support for family members with patients in Cayuga Med's Behavioral Services Unit
- Family-to-Family Education Course for adults
- Educational events open to the public
- Speakers who will talk with college classes and community organizations about mental illness and its impact on families and our community
- A lending library of resource materials about mental illness
- Listserv announcing relevant events and information
In addition, our Get Help, Navigating the Maze of Mental Health Care, and Local, NY State, and National Mental Health Resources pages have extensive information on:
- Psychiatric care in Ithaca and in surrounding communities
- Missing and homeless relatives
- Dual-diagnosis (diagnosed with mental illness & addicted to alcohol/drugs)
- Mental illness and the criminal justice system
- Estate planning when you have ill relatives
- Avoiding other health problems caused by mental illness
We also suggest viewing What Is It Like to Have a Mental Illness?, which will help you understand the challenges facing your loved ones.
Please contact us - we are a safe harbor for your family's struggle with mental illness.
For More Information, Please Contact Us At:
Phone: (607) 273-2462
Mailing Address for Correspondence:
NAMI Finger Lakes, Inc.
PO Box 6544
Visit our Office (by appointment only):
NAMI Finger Lakes
Clinton Hall Suite 2 108 North Cayuga Street Ithaca, NY 14850
For Directions, see the Google Map below.
Clinton Hall is the large red brick building next to the Clinton House, the building on the corner of Seneca and N. Cayuga. We are located in the middle of the block between State and Seneca Streets.
There are two entrances to the Clinton Hall offices:
Front entrance: Use the grey double doors in the middle of the "SewGreen" storefront. After going up one flight of stairs to the 2nd floor, turn left. We are in Suite #2.
For elevator access from street level: Go to rear of building via red brick driveway separating Clinton Hall and Clinton House. Turn left at the back of the building and use the second set of doors. Once inside, use the elevator on the left to go to the 2nd floor. Turn left, then right to Suite #2.